Merton Mencap Leaflet
Download a PDF of the standard version of the Merton Mencap Information Leaflet here.
Merton Mencap Leaflet: Easy Read
Download a PDF of the Easy Read version of the Merton Mencap Information Leaflet here.
Find out about our latest vacancies.
The Disability Symbol
Jobcentre Plus awards the Disability Symbol to employers who are committed to equal opportunities and to The Equality Act.
The The Equality Act gives people with disabilities legal rights. This means that if you are a person with a disability, you should still be able to get a job or use services that a non-disabled person can use, unless there is a good reason for this.
The Act also means that an employer must treat a disabled person fairly at all times, including during recruitment and selection, and training and appraisal.
Merton Mencap has shown that it meets the five commitments necessary for disability symbol accreditation.
These commitments are:
- We will interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and we will consider them on their abilities.
- We will ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities.
- If employees become disabled, we will make every effort to make sure they stay in our employment.
- We will take action to ensure all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- Each year, we will review our five commitments and what we have achieved, and plan ways to improve on them.