Support for carers, free membership
- For carers of adults with learning disabilities and/or autism aged 18 and over living or receiving services in Merton
- run by a steering group of carers
- regular free workshops, events and training for parents and carers
- influencing improvement of local services
The aims of the forum are:
- to make sure the voice of carers is heard in the design and delivery of services which affect them and the person they care for
- to provide information to carers which supports them in their caring role
- to provide opportunities for carers to get together and enjoy life
The forum does this by:
- providing regular educational workshops and events
- supporting carers to be representatives at all the important local forums, committees and Boards
- campaigning on issues which improve the lives of carers and the person they care for
- publishing a newsletter
The forum is run by a steering group of carers, who decide on the business of the forum. The project is facilitated by a paid worker at Merton Mencap who supports the work of the forum.
Please check out Merton Mencap’s YouTube channel, Merton Mencap TV, which brings a range of online learning and activities people can access from home.